Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Kenja no Mago (Magi's Grandson)
View Single Post
Old 2019-04-11, 07:34   Link #33
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
I've heard Chinese isekai MCs are usually more cruel and ruthless in pursuing their goals compared to Japanese isekai MCs.
Like how Japanese MCs have (harem) companions to help them out; Chinese ones go solo.
From what I've read of chinese isekai stories, they're very fond of disproportionate retribution and face-slapping, where slights against the MC are met with incredible brutality, sometimes justified (i.e. the antagonists were similarly brutal) and sometimes not.

As for this episode, it was serviceable for the most part and pretty much ended where I expected it to - Shin's meeting with Cecil.

The thing that gets me about this episode though is how noticeably off the voice acting is, which for someone like me who who doesn't have the best ear for Japanese voice acting says a lot. It's not like everyone in the cast is bad, but a lot of the lines sound phone-in to me, or otherwise don't fit like Merlin's.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote