View Single Post
Old 2019-09-10, 11:15   Link #3636
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
I must have missed that, but I guess it would explain a few things. Though, is there a way to tell in advance if someone has this kind of incompatibility?

Can you imagine receiving the "honor" of becoming the next "X" titan after a heavy selection only to be told that you must get eaten right away because of "incompatibility issues"?

Regarding the name of the "attack titan", yes the actual japanese term "shingeki" means advancing, marching on, but it really has the meaning of "advancing in battle", you wouldn't really use it to say "advance in time". My guess is that it was named that way because it has a body type fit for fighting, especially since nobody is supposed to know about its actual power.
I suppose there's a way to test it, or they would be taking too much risks. It seems like family members of a compatible person are more likely to be compatible as well. Marcel and Porco, Reiner and Gabi, the Tybur family, Eren and Grisha, and Colt and Falco even though those two weren't candidates for the same titan.

Come to think of it, I guess Armin lucked out. Instead of being the new colossal titan he could have been the manlet titan.