Thread: Crunchyroll Granbelm
View Single Post
Old 2019-10-01, 02:11   Link #366
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
I completely agree with this. Unless there's something that I missed (I can admittedly zone out sometimes while watching anime and miss a lot of details because my attention span is lol), the arguments made against magic were pure sophistry. All I remember is Mangetsu saying that humans shouldn't have the power to do whatever they want, and I say meh to that. That's completely true if mages use their magic for ill purposes, but so long as they're benevolent demi-gods, let them be demi-gods. "It's wrong because it's wrong" has never been convincing for me, nor have appeals to nature. If there's something that can be used to reduce suffering in the world, then take advantage of it and take a big giant piss all over 'nature.' Always hated when people draw lines in the sand and say that there's some forms of suffering that are sacred and should never be done away with. It's wrong to go "hmm magic could wish away cancer but that goes against nature so maybe we should just get rid of magic altogether instead?"
Setting aside all the shit that happened before (with all the deaths and memory alterations), "magic" turned an angsty teen into a nigh omnipotent goddess. We're lucky magic is all she decided to take away.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote