View Single Post
Old 2019-10-03, 00:43   Link #16
Irenesharda

Interesting setup, though, like everyone, I've been wondering what happened to the little girl whose body she's inhabiting?

Myne isn't a bookworm. I'm a bookworm (though I don't really care for that term.), I read more than 17 novels in the last couple of months. Myne is a book FANATIC. Her obsession is honestly not healthy, and she's actually kind of a bit of brat. How did she get to adulthood with that kind of tunnel vision?

Considering her rather broad reading habits (and the fact that she's actually an adult trapped in a preschooler's body), she should know enough history to take a good guess as to what kind of world, culture, and people she has been reborn into.
I will forgive her a little though, as I'm pretty sure even we would be a bit "challenged" by such a world, even though we know the history of it.
I mean, we're used to pasteurized and refrigerated food and drink, food and drug safety standards, full-scale sanitary measures, most of us non-rural folks rarely see farm animals and probably have never seen one killed (I haven't). So, to suddenly be thrust into a world that no longer has indoor plumbing or full-scale sewage system, having food that is being sold out in the sun, people who do not bath very often, that can be very hard for anyone to get used to in such a short amount of time.

I'd say we're looking at a pseudo-Europe, pre-Renaissance but post-Medieval. Those tall, dull, wooden townhouses scare me. That's just a great fire, waiting to happen.
If Myne has read and studied the right books, she can revolutionize this world, starting with "inventing" the printing press.
Mr. Gutenberg would be proud. Allowing literature to reach the masses, will change the entire social climate. Plus, if she can get her mind off books for one second, she will be able to do a lot more than that.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote