View Single Post
Old 2006-08-05, 21:35   Link #58
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
Seeming as though ANN are actually at Otakon, i don't think so.

I take it you just don't wanna believe that Shadow Warrior Chronicles its the title for the R1's?
Hmm, I think it's really no big deal, if that is the title in the end, I said in an earlier post that I'm not fond of the name but said it is still the anime we all like very much in the end, and I'm happy to have it liscensed, but I would be pleased if a better name was chosen for the western market. However, I do think it may be possible that information has been miscommunicated, "Blade of the Phantom Mask" would fit, as Hakauro is a man with a brooding, dark, and mysterious past, and has a mask that he cannot remove, and is often in battle, and as someone mentioned, that other anime ADV liscensed is about someone who can summon shadow warriors. So, being that BotPM seems more appropriate for Utawarerumono and SWC seems more fitting for the other anime, it isn't out of the question that the western titles got mixed up between the two series. I think that is quite a possibility still, as this news emerged very recently, so I guess we'll have to wait awhile to see what the real case is with these series and the names ADV gives them for the western market.