View Single Post
Old 2020-07-27, 00:51   Link #10
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Don't follow any, but I might watch one if they are first-time playing/reacting to a game I like.

That said, I can't help but see these groups of people as "VAs who can't get a job as a VA so they are doing this instead-people".
I think It's the other way around. I'm sure some VAs wish they could be Vtubers, instead.
I know more about Hololive than other Vtubers so I'll just talk about that but

Watame earned 150K, Haato earned 140K and Miko 250K under a year. (all 3 mentioned above)
If we go for the to top ends, Kiryu Coco earned 500,000 US dollars(not Yen) in 5 months.
The average US annual income is 60~70K

source: https://datastudio.google.com/s/hkqFr3an9o4

Perhaps the pandemic boosted things, but than, why doesn't everyone become a vtuber ?
As it turns out, vtubing, just like voice acting is a specific skillset.
Not everyone can pull it off

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell

Last edited by Key Board; 2020-07-27 at 01:02.
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote