View Single Post
Old 2020-12-05, 23:57   Link #36129
X207
Gamyūsa

i finished the Bawoo (95% of it). the kit is a bit worrying, its probably me being paranoid but all the loose fitting parts that are supposed to swivel when it transforms give it an uneasy rattling from thier nature. i do need to paint the saber but havent chosen a color and i left the hands au-naturel for the time being. i will fix that later on, i just want to clear my limited working area for kits for the time being. i want to focus on the RC car for the next 2-3 days...

when the sun comes out i will take some pics. the broken piece will prove to be a handful. i was close but not perfect in holding its repaired position when gluing it so one side is slightly raised by 0,5mm. either that or the nature of the sliding slot to hold it is just sloppy. in MS mode im not worried about it falling off, in MA mode, that may be a different situation. i can try putting a thin coat of clear satin paint on the mounting piece to remove some space to hold it better. it worked sufficiently on my Portent kit to hold the hip pack/self repair unit.

is it just me not placing the hips, legs and feet in the right position or is it common that many HG kits dont always have the same precise leg length.

i did find something very curious with the Bawoo kit in my build. there are little to no spare parts or PC parts when the kit is complete but the Bawoo line really is a bit unique as they dont have too many variants aside from color. it left the most curious unused extra part behind: the PCK/head swivel that usually goes to put the head on the kit. the proper head PC part was different from the gundam line kits. i never toss the unused PC trays from my kits as most of them are universal/differently labeled in each kit and they come in handy at times. never did i have a head ball cap leftover on a kit.

this is still technically a Gundam kit but 1:1
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
i was planning to cross off most of the things in Hiroshima this year but covid... and then see Yokohama on the following trip but this vid messed me up. its a choice or the Yamato Naval Museum or this Gundam base for next trip. trying for 4 cities in 14 days is a bit difficult and i still have things in Hiroshima id like to see... but this Gundam is too cool to resist.

Last edited by X207; 2020-12-06 at 01:20.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote