View Single Post
Old 2021-01-31, 22:44   Link #139
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I didn't say he did it alone. But he chose to obey Fritz, and the end result was exactly as I described.
Have you lost the point we are discussing here? If they obeyed Fritz it means they are going with his plan, the plan being letting the Eldian on Paradis live for a while in peace until the world autonomously decides to attack them and exterminate them.

You on the other hand are claiming that the Tybur do not care about the plan and only care about their own prosperity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
The emphasis on his family leads me to believe his motives weren't so selfless. He wanted to protect his family, and their happy, comfortable lives.
Well, he's going to be really comfortable in hell. And having someone eat a family member and die the same way 13 years later must have been totally fun for them.
And no it didn't have to be one of them to carry the titan power, they could have given it to another "warrior".

They are not acting on self interest, they are acting to fulfill a mission. Being the occult leaders in the shadow is just a necessary part of that. And I'm not saying it's a good mission, it's a fucked up mission bordering insanity. But my point is not to claim that the Tyburs are good guys, the point is that Marley is just a tool for them, not their priority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
There is a lot of the story that hasn't been explained so I don't know whether you're going off content I'm not aware of or whether this is interpretation based on what we know but as far as I'm aware what we know regarding how King Fritz declared surrender is not much. I could accept that the Marylan "official" account could be all Karl Fritz's fault but I'm not inclined to think so. I don't remember what scene this is from but I do remember a scene revealing that Karl Fritz had warned the Marleyans not to come after his people or else there would be consequences: You probably know what I'm talking about because you refer to the "the rumbling" being "an empty threat". So yeah, there was in fact a warning made which must have also meant that there must have been Marleyans to hear it (or else why make it?). And if they heard it, that means they must have been the ones to hide it from their official narrative.
Peace is not obtained by sending threats. At best threats can be used as diplomatic tools. But if you don't use them in actual diplomatic attempts, you'll just go straight back to war the moment the threat will lose its efficacy, and the threat itself will work as a casus belli.

Quote:
It's also true that the royal family were bluffing and were just plain suicidal but it's not mutually exclusive and that doesn't absolve the Marleyans of anything whatsoever.
When did I say that Marleyans are justified for what they did? The point is that you can't use their wrongs as a justification to do equal wrongs on them. That's the very logic that if sound would justify Marleyans (as they too were wronged in the past) and I'm not justifying them anymore than the recent Eldian attack on Marley.

Quote:
I don't know what you're saying here. The way I'm reading it you're saying it's already surpassed what the BRA trio caused but at the same time won't escalate to what the BRA trio caused.
I said that they surpassed the damage that the trio caused in Shiganshina (Eren's city), but not the damage that the mindless titans caused on the rest of the Eldian country.

At any rate the recent episode finally made clear that the recent attack was orchestrated by Eren and Zeke and that the Paradis government has nothing to do with that decision. Their hand was forced and they had to attack in order to avoid losing the founding titan power, but they would have never done that otherwise.

Last edited by Jan-Poo; 2021-01-31 at 23:08.
Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote