View Single Post
Old 2021-03-08, 02:19   Link #210
DemonOfWrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by coded321 View Post
And in appeasing Manchin, democrats created a loss from what should have been the easiest political win. Really, how are democrats suppose to win in 22 & 24 when they keep self sabotaging, turning easy wins into unnecessary losses? Its almost like what happened to Obama. He kept sabotaging himself to appease Republicans, and nothing was gained for his efforts.
The above two echo my thoughts, but I really don't think you're treating Manchin the right way in this discussion.

No, I don't mean don't criticise him. I mean you're treating him as if he has the same priorities and... let's call them win conditions, as the rest of the democrat party. You're basically going "why doesn't he vote the same as the rest of the democrats it's so stupid!" and ignoring he just isn't the same as the rest of the democrats, and that's just the wrong angle to approach this from.

What Manchin considers a win, is different from what you consider a win. That's what it all boils down to.

THAT is why he has be appeased, because he needs something that he'd consider a win, for whatever reason that may be.

Honestly, treat him like he's in an entirely separate party to the rest of the democrats, or an independent. And then it makes way more sense why he has to be dealt with separately like this.

Besides, name a viable alternative to appeasing Manchin...
DemonOfWrath is offline   Reply With Quote