Thread: Licensed SSSS.Dynazenon
View Single Post
Old 2021-04-11, 15:25   Link #80
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
I couldn't find any site that even uses that term as a genre.
There is no official or commonly-used term for "serialized Tokusatsu anime" yet coz the rising phenomenon was relatively brand new (started in the 2010s with Garo - The Animation in 2014) and the number of toku-anime are still few & far between for them to be considered a subgenre. When I said "toku-anime", I basically just shortened the "Tokusatsu anime" beacuse, again, no commonly-used term yet.

Quote:
I don't see any difference between this and any other mecha show really, if I did not have knowledge that this was based off a tokusatsu show.
S4.Dynazenon is actually pretty unique for toku-anime coz there is no superhero in the show like S4.Gridman, Garo & Ultraman anime. Instead, the show focuses on one of Gridman's Assist Weapons. If you want a comparison, it's like if Saban makes an animated spin-off of Power Rangers but only featuring the Dragonzord as the hero figure without any costumed superhero present.

Will the entire show feel like a regular Super Robot anime? Well, that's really relative. For me, S4.Dyna already have that unique Gridman feel all over it that other Super Robot shows don't have.

Quote:
Cool gadgets, good characters, and good stories are not something anime can't necessarily have (usually don't though).
I never said that anime can't have cool gadgets, good characters and good stories. I said that most Tokusatsu shows only have to do those three things really well for them to be successful. Not titillation.