View Single Post
Old 2021-05-20, 23:04   Link #11
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

His work unfinished in limbo, yet his legacy left behind for posterity in the decades to come.

Kentaro Miura delivered an unmatched, visual & narrative style in order to let the audience escape into the universes that he crafted with passion, ambition, and diligence.

Miura-sensei was the true or real life Berserk at struggling forward with such fierce conviction and perfectionism in order to tell the stories he wanted to tell within the boundaries of his imagination.

It will be a honor to continue reading your works (now legacies) our dear sensei.

May you rest in peace, and may you reach the Valhalla of your dreams, Miura-sensei.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
A true shame, he was a legend. And to think Berserk will never be finished.
I guess it is popular enough that they could give it the Zero no Tsukaima treatment, if he left behind enough material?
Five to ten years ago I was pondering that may be Berserk should conclude with an undetermined or limbo ending. This is due that I feel Berserk is one such a story developing within a cycle of continuity rather than eternity. What I mean is that there's no such thing as beginnings and endings rather the flow of continuity moves within a spiral or helix structure that keeps going on and on feeling limitless to the audience.

Nevertheless, I never wished for Berserk to be left unconcluded due to the passing away of Kentaro Miura.

REST IN PEACE, Miura-sensei.

As I am writing this post, I'm listening to Susumu Hirasawa's "FORCES" from the Berserk soundtrack to give homage to Miura-sensei. The song to me personally feels fitting to wave the last farewell to the Master of Berserk and the Father of Guts.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote