View Single Post
Old 2021-07-15, 13:32   Link #12
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Alright, summary updated! Man, I gotta say I really dig Sasaki's fighting style! His hybrid form doesn't look half-bad either, IMO. Bit of a shame that the fight seems to have wrapped up just as things were getting good, though... but hey, I'll take it. Plus, it's great to see Franky kick some ass again after so long!

Now, as far as Yamato's fruit goes.... yeah, the lack of stripes seems to indicate she's not a tiger, so I'd also lean toward the Qilin/Kirin theory. However, another legendary creature came to mind for me..... could Yamato's fruit possibly be based on the Nue? It even has a tiger's limbs, which would fit with the longstanding theory (though again, the hybrid form had no visible stripes). And besides, it wouldn't even be the first time we've gotten a mythical Zoan based on a yokai, since Catarina Devon from Blackbeard's crew is a Kyuubi/Ninetails Zoan. I think it's something worth considering.....
One of Japan's Yokai is Bakaneko, I could expect Oda may modeled Yamato's fruit based on that.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote