View Single Post
Old 2021-08-24, 16:45   Link #9
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ka-el View Post
I think that Oda merely used Diable Jambe fire as an excuse to have the argument about King's race brought up again after Marco mentioned it in the previous chapter, so then some flashback or explanation or both will happen in the next chapters. Sanji was 100% humans and Judge tested him multiple times to make sure of it, so it would be pointless to have him granted genetic modification after that, especially because he had to be human who was better than superhuman of his family just with his training. It's more acceptable if the raid suit gives him some power up that is not just invisibility, but not genetic, please...
*Shrug* It may very well be the case that this Sanji twist is a retcon on Oda's part.... but again, I'm willing to let him off the hook for this due to the implications it has on the overall Lineage Factor plot thread. Actually, I recall we even had a discussion a while back about Sanji's siblings possibly having been infused with DF-based LFs. Now it looks like our cook friend may possess the LF of a special race, himself....

....And since we're on the subject of King's race, I'm now wondering if they're connected to that "Sun God Nika" that Who's Who brought up during his fight with Jinbei? I mean, Marco seems to imply that this race came from a "land of gods" on the Red Line (which I guess could technically apply to Mariejois, but still), and I don't think it would be hard to connect the sun to a clan capable of generating fire through their own bodies, so.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote