View Single Post
Old 2021-08-28, 21:10   Link #3445
carmolita

For this series, I think the honorifics should not have been translated and left as is along with some other words (not everything needs a translation), maybe put a footnote for those who don't understand its meaning but it's so distracting. In the Japanese book ayato is clearly calling Haruka nee-san which is so endearing (when he says it) and definitive of their relationship (it creates that close distance so you know how he feels about her), but in the yen press version they have him saying Haruka or haru, it's odd because it's usually saya who calls her haru. I also miss the minor details, in the Japanese version (iirc) when Haruka's hurt it says ayato looked over her twice for blood/ saw no blood, in the yen press version it says he checked her over for injuries and saw no blood. For a book that expensive I want all of my minor details. I want to see the desperation in their actions. So I've been buying both the Japanese novel and the English one. Now I have to wonder which is the best publishing house when it comes to translations.

It looks like the final relationships are going to be either an
Ayato x Julis or an Ayato x open-ended anyone aka picking no one leaving everyone as a possibility since Julius also says she wants an answer to her confession after everything is over which is what everyone else wants for themselves as well.

Since Haruka left to investigate and it is not there with the others, My guess is she is going to catch up to Mediath first..can't wait to see how this all plays out

Last edited by carmolita; 2021-08-28 at 21:21.
carmolita is offline   Reply With Quote