View Single Post
Old 2021-09-24, 08:58   Link #16
Hoodspirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
And I'm strongly against Neko playing the major role in taking down Perospero to avenge Pedro; it should have been Carrot.

Quite literally over 100 chapters of waiting for a payoff have amounted to zero catharsis with their defeat.

Oda blundered this so hard. 0/10.
My take on it has always been that Carrot will be the one saving Perospero and not defeating him.
Neko has a very limited knowledge about what happened with Pedro. He only got told that Pedro died because of Perospero just a few minutes ago, so it would only be natural for him to not only defeat him, but go for the kill after he was defeated.
However, there are two more things that were stressed about Pedro's death in the story.
In WCI's conclusion and directly after Pedro's sacrifice it was said by different characters to be Pedro's own decision. In Wano Perospero stated several times that he thinks himself innocent.
So I think it was all set up to make Carrot spare Perospero's life and accept Pedro's decision and grow as a character by letting go of that hatred and earn Perospero's respect too. Something he had denied her in Wano (grass nibbling) so far.

Being able/being unable to let go of hatred has always been a theme in One Piece (example: Nami - Hacchan/Jinbei) and Wano has that thread as well (example: Kurozumi hunt.)
Hoodspirit is offline   Reply With Quote