View Single Post
Old 2022-01-14, 16:40   Link #16
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmariofan7 View Post
It's been laid out since Enies Lobby when Luffy first revealed his Gears, and more so when Luffy revealed Gear 4 and it's alternate forums like Snakeman, these should all have been clear indications that the Gomu Gomu no mi wasn't just any normal Devil Fruit, we never see any other Devil Fruit do these kind of mode changes.
Hmm, I'm not so sure about that. We've seen unique transformations among Zoans that fit outside of the standard human>beast>hybrid modes (Chopper being the most obvious example). Heck, that's still the case even if we exclude drug modifications. Recall Lucci was able to slim down his bulky hybrid form with the "life feedback" technique. There's also guys like Baron Tamago who had a unique morphing cycle with his fruit (egg>chick>chicken). So personally, I wouldn't say Luffy is all that unique in terms of transformative techniques.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
That's a good guess. I was figuring the Rev Army was going to save the day, but Zunesha and the SH fleet weren't really on the table until now. It could still be the Revs though since Lindbergh is a Mink, but I think the fleet is more likely now
Hey, why can't the RA be part of the raid, too? Though I'm not entirely sure we'll see Lindbergh since he snuck into Mariejois with Sabo, along with Morley and Karasu.... so they could have been captured, as well. Really, I'd just expect Ivankov and Belo Betty to be the only RA commanders present if they're indeed part of the raid. I guess Dragon could be there too, but I sorta think it more likely that he'd focus on rescuing Sabo, first (that, and I still don't think it's quite the right time for he and Luffy to meet just yet, though that moment is definitely just beyond the horizon).
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote