View Single Post
Old 2006-08-17, 15:16   Link #143
Ombrenuit
Day Dreams...

Send a message via AIM to Ombrenuit Send a message via MSN to Ombrenuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost
but could you tell me who's the author of those short stories you mentioned? Or is it a collection?
Evidently it is a world that was developed from a DnD campaign through novelette format in the 80s. Various authors in the Fantasy genre would submit works about the city and its lively folklore and they would be compiled into the next edition of the book. Each book is a collection of short stories regarding the world, and all of them can be found under the general title "Thieves World". I can't really attest to whether or not they even remotely feel like Thief, or even their quality. I haven't read a single one, but I was curious about them. It seems to be leaning to the swords and sorcery genre heavily (ok...it's already fallen over in that direction...).

Off-topic
If you're curious about Thief still, you should check out the Dark Mod community. It's a project (that has been underway for two years) to convert the Doom 3 engine into something resembling the first two games. I think it would peak your interest.
Ombrenuit is offline   Reply With Quote