View Single Post
Old 2022-04-10, 03:49   Link #67
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Their biggest issue is that, early on, they had a reason to be cocky assholes. They had OP weapons, and they were able to quickly min/max their skills and absolutely trash everything that came their way, so why change? Naofumi was only getting things done because he would be in the right place at the right time, or he'd protect people instead of fight, etc.

However, once Glass showed up (and by extension, the Pope) and their skills stopped being useful while Naofumi's "jack of all trades" approach to the skill tree showed itself to be optimal... they didn't change. Normally a min/maxer like them would go and grind all those skills once they realized they weren't useless, but instead they just became tropes instead of advancing as characters.
Its not about OP weapons but MC weapons.

S1 told those three logic is: 1) I got the spear/sword/bow, therefore I'm the MC (Ren and Itsuki being the most obvious); and 2) All media about isekai in my world told that I can solo.
Thus Naofumi state (using shield, need teamwork and menial task to get things done) is like a grave sin for them as time goes as it denied said ways of thinking; church feeding them with "shield is evil compare to the other three" doesn't make it better.

IIRC one of their argument when Naofumi told to accept their method is not working and cause problem to civilians is "there is no saying what we did is wrong in system".
Extreme denial became inevitable because for them its just Naofumi obtained better cheat code than cheat code from their world gaming experience and as MC of their headcanon there should be something better for them compare to that guy who use non-MC weapon.