View Single Post
Old 2022-06-07, 19:06   Link #484
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
Yeah, its a theory, but still a valid one.

Just like the theory that, leaving Marie to do whatever she wanted instead of Olivia and allowing Angie to lose the duel and banished, wouldn't have caused derailment of the game plot, and it was all supposedly Leon's interference that changed the outcome.
Your theory is 99% headcanon though while most everyone else is discussing things that actually happened.
Quote:
Angie getting the boot early on isn't really odd, nor did it occur at a different time (if it did Leon would have noted).
I don't think that's conclusive. Marie was speedrunning all of the bonding events, and Leon didn't really comment or concern himself with her actions or really anything on the dating sim side.
Quote:
As for the Events, Leon always made a comment whenever a Event happens at a different time compared to the game plot. And you would note that, the changes of game plot times starts with the Pirate Event, which was supposed to happen in 2nd year, while the Principality's attack during the School trip don't even occur in-game as far as he remembers. Before that, Leon never mentions the odd timing of other Events, because they happen during the time they were supposed to happen.
You're still trying to fill the gaps and discrepancies with headcanon and it stands to reason something like the Angie event was tied to romantic progress rather than specifically being a first year event. It still makes no fucking sense though because Angie is nowhere near established as a villainess towards Marie or Olivia at this point, and even if she does some kind of "grand return" its still a situation where all the bullying she was supposedly guilty of never actually happened.

I don't understand why so many fans of this series are insistent that the setting adds up to a viable otome game when most of the pieces don't fit together without huge logical leaps. Hell, I don't even think the author bothered to give the otome game a name. Meanwhile I can remember Fortune Lover from Hamefura off the top of my head.
Quote:
As for Angie event, Engagement Annulment Event of the Villainess is common plot in all Otome games (atleast as per those Novel & Manga which cover that as plot point). So, it can't really be said to be something solely for Leon to create a Harem.
The event itself doesn't matter, its how the event plays out since in a lot of cases its an otome isekai's opening statement. In something like The One Within the Villainess the original villainess regains consciousness during the event and swears revenge where in something like Reincarnated Princess and the Genius Young Lady Anne-Sophia stumbles into the middle of things and saves Euphilia. In Leon's case he smacks down "stupid ikemen" for being stupid, creates a harem, and any notion that he's just a mob in this world should probably be eradicated.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote