View Single Post
Old 2022-03-02, 01:53   Link #27
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
Nah, the majority of artists I showed the comparisons to agree the redesign looks bad compared to the original. "Generic and bland" are our main complaints.

I think you're just in the the minority. I don't think my post "means nothing".

Why? The bigger eyes? That's not an opinion about 2002 Tokyo Mew Mew I see very often...if ever. If it's the colors you don't like, LOTS of magical girl shows from the same era look exactly like this because they are children's shows and children love bright colors like that. The sub-par animation was also pretty common for a show with this demographic, episode amount, and genre. (Admittedly, Princess Tutu and Puchi Yucie had the BEST visuals of all these...but they were also only half the running time so....they had a budget for it.) Also there's no need for language lol
Do you even check the source material first? SMH

Tokyo Mew Mew, Cardcaptor Sakura and Magic Knight Rayearth target audiences are teenagers.
It aligned with rise of popularity from Sailor Moon that portrayed teenage magical girls in comparison to one aimed for children like Minky Momo;
Those three also coming from same magazine as Sailor Moon, Nakayoshi, making it somewhat popular gateway for magical girl-themed works for teenagers like Shugo Chara.

That's why I repeat it multiple times. Complaint to design better come with awareness of current target audience.
Precure is currently the bar of magical girls in general as they got it tough carrying Sunday with Super Hero Time. Good luck trying to succeeded if you wanted to get more audiences by just repeating 2002 design and screenplay or simply join the diluted pool of another Madoka Magica tryhard like most of magical girls story nowadays.

Man, I can't believe we're reaching era where one implying MKR and CCS are on same boat as "sub-par animation for children because it makes sense like that".