View Single Post
Old 2022-09-09, 14:38   Link #61
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
He definitely sees himself in Reiji (and others characters do as well, like Nagi) and Nagi as Yuko. I forgot what his exact words were, but back when Reiji was in the hospital and he pushed Nagi away, Esemori seemed very disappointed he didn't manage to save her.

I think he wants Reiji to do for Nagi what he couldn't do for Yuko.
That sounds pretty plausible, although that feels less personal. I would honestly prefer if his main intention was something more self-centered, like revenge. His whole "I WIN![laughs]" after Reiji and Yuko were in the hospital was a powerful defining moment for me since it was a very villainous depiction of everything he did in the story.

Quote:
Him mentioning he's infertile felt like the author was twisting the knife
It also means things with Yuko would have never worked out, since she's wanted a child since she was a teenager. Now people are theorizing that Yuko isn't Reiji's mother either and that she's actually his aunt.
Haha , were are people getting that theory from??? If that's the case, that would be another crazy twist to add to the pile. This IS Yuko we are talking about so anything is possible, but that feels like quite the stretch to me. The guy that took Reiji to the beach is probably the biggest clue to any secret Yuko may still have at this point. I'm just not sure how that could tie into her being his aunt over his mother, despite the supposed similar features they share physically.

Last edited by frubam; 2022-09-09 at 14:54.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote