Thread: Crunchyroll Vinland Saga Season 2 [Netflix]
View Single Post
Old 2022-10-30, 20:21   Link #38
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Plenty of people are unhappy with Netflix's binge policy, and not just when it comes to anime. Plenty of Netflix shows would have gotten even more hype if they had aired weekly. It's hurting them, too. Providing one episode a week means people have to keep their subscription for the entire run. Of course, they could just choose to wait and binge the show when it's over, but somehow I think not many would do that.

Netflix just isn't asking itself the right questions. They do so many things wrong that Amazon and Disney+ do right.
I think this really comes down to who you ask, https://www.tvtechnology.com/news/re...del-still-work. Yes, I know people who don't like the model, and I also know people who are perfectly happy with it. I would imagine Netflix has a better idea of what's working for them since they have all their numbers, and data. Sure, companies can misread the room, and if their subscribership continues to slip maybe they'll make changes. But, for now they seem to deem it's working for them. Also, personally, other then anime I rarely watch shows weekly anymore. To many shows and to little time, to waste it on something I may end up disliking. So I wait to hear what the general consensus is before watching something, and I know I'm not the only person in that boat.