Thread: Crunchyroll My Hero Academia Season 6
View Single Post
Old 2023-02-06, 20:23   Link #77
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
All fair points. But it’s also fair to ask why Touya was so unhinged at that early age.
While the story is trying to make parallels between Shoto and Toya, I think Deku and Toya's stories are more similar. They both aspired to be heroes and were told they never could be because of their physical limitations. Neither of them moved on, but one became a murderous psychopath and the other a fairly balanced kid. Why is that? Was it truly just their environment?

And it's not Endeavor's fault, the worst thing he did to him was neglect him after Shoto was born. I recall that back when Dabi revealed himself to be Toya, people (mostly his fans) expected him to have been treated like utter garbage by his father and were surprised he was actually treated the best out of all four kids.

The Todoroki family storyline is my favorite thing about this manga because it's surprisingly complex for a battle manga. Nothing is black and white, and everyone is to blame to some extent. It's also inspiring how Rei of all people is the one who united the family again, even if Natsuo says it's just temporary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Honestly, I felt the anime made Endeavor more sympathetic/did a better job showing that he cared about Toya than the manga. I may just not be remembering this part of the manga very well, but I think I remember coming away from that set of scenes in the manga with the notion that past Endeavor was an actual monster rather than just a piece of crap.
I remember reactions to the manga chapter being the opposite of the ones I'm reading about the episode. I haven't actually bothered checking if my memory is correct. I might be confusing this flashback with the latter one showing how Toya became Dabi.