Thread: Crunchyroll My Hero Academia Season 6
View Single Post
Old 2023-02-06, 20:52   Link #79
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
I would personally argue yes. Deku had people who supported him, while Toya did not. I think the point Enzo is trying to get at (But correct me if I'm wrong Enzo) is that you can't put that kind of responsibility on a young child, and then cast them aside when you have a better option, and expect them to cope with the sudden change in expectations and attention. It also doesn't help that as far as we can see neither of his parents really sat down and explained the why for the change. All he understands is that he's not good enough because he'll get burned.

So yes while Endeavor clearly showed concern for Toya's physical wellbeing, he did a shit job explaining that to the person who needed to hear it most, and as such didn't take into account the boys emotional wellbeing.
Yes, I’m very comfortable with that interpretation of what I said.

You can’t say Endeavor didn’t do anything wrong because he obsessively groomed Touya to be a hero from a way too early age - cementing in his mind that being #1 was all that mattered, and that was the only way to get Daddy’s love. He did a lot more to Touya than just abandon him.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote