Thread: Licensed Date A Live [Light Novel]
View Single Post
Old 2023-03-17, 15:30   Link #19808
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estzero1 View Post
I think the if is unnecessary since we know that it is coming. As for when, no there hasn't been any news regarding a release, but I guess there will be some news when the next fantasia bunko festival rolls around. I'm not sure (since I found nothing) but there used to be one in march. Not sure if it's different this year.
Well, what do you know? Soon after I made my previous post, a Tweet comes out that claims there will be a DAL-related livestream on April 5, 2023! I hope we get some good DAL-related news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
S4 got hit by the censor hammer pretty hard, even the Megami magazine pics and DVD/BD bonus material were hit. We talked about it in the anime thread.
Though it seems like they were saving up the fanservice for certain parts towards the end of the season…
Can you link me to the specific posts you made regarding this in the DAL IV anime thread? I still don't know why they had to censor the previously-allowed things so much (I bet that Tenka's Astral Dress almost went on the chopping block too for "being too revealing"). So is there no hope we can get hold of the original uncensored versions and Tsunako designs? Maybe it was because the production committee were told to make DAL more appealing to younger teens?

As for the "censorship being lifted at the end of the season," I look at the original LN illustration of Kurumi during that scene from Vol. 16, then I look at the official figure that came out for it, and then I look at the anime version of that scene plus the Megami magazine poster of that scene, and can't help but sigh in disappointment. This isn't the animated DAL that was promised to us by the LN.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote