Thread: Crunchyroll Hell’s Paradise: Jigokuraku
View Single Post
Old 2023-04-01, 18:23   Link #17
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This might be the very first anime out of the thousands I've watched which acknowledges that it's impossible to behead someone with a katana in one stroke. In fact, it goes against everything anime taught me, what was the point of having a second ready to behead you to spare you the pain of seppuku if it doesn't actually work?
Of course the show wasted no time introducing the famous Asaemon who can totally cleanly behead people with a katana.

But I digress. I thought it was really good. The atmosphere was particularly excellent. Great directing, great voice acting, and great storytelling. I love Sagiri's design already, and am curious to find out more about her. The fact the MC already has a wife he is completely dedicated to makes this relatively original, I expect no sexual tension between him and Sagiri and that'll be refreshing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Spoiler:
You can't blame him for that, he was pretty much brainwashed since he was a baby. At least he was still better than the other ninjas who were more than happy to betray him, but it's easy to guess those guys were jealous of him for having the chief's favor and most likely because he's way better than them.