Thread: Crunchyroll Dr. Stone: New World (Season 3)
View Single Post
Old 2023-05-26, 03:16   Link #60
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Ginro is definitely a "I hate gacha" kind of pull. Thank goodness they've got Suika in there to basically carry this Lab recovery mission.

It did catch me by surprise with this girl being some superhuman fighter. But I guess it makes sense. That petrification weapon seems reliant on having a really good arm. I guess the rope and throw really makes all the difference since I can't imagine there's any way to control the actual range of that thing once it is activated. Thank goodness Kirisama is really naive/pure. Guess being raised as a weapon left her a bit weak to up front affection. Even if it was pretty poorly acted by both sides.

The mystery of this whole thing remains strong. Someone definitely came across this group of humans and gave them that weapon to control the population with. It seems they were allowed to continue living because their tech level wasn't high and are allowed to keep living so long as they remain relatively primitive. Food and resources was the reason the main group's civilization didn't advance very far. But this one is kept controlled by fear and power.

Honestly depending on who they are up against here this situation could be pretty horrible. Someone's clearly been checking out the planet for humans that survived and dealing with them depending on circumstances. So it's not like they can simply revive humanity and be fine. They need to be able to take down whoever started this in the first place. And if we're talking aliens I'm not sure Senku can science up space ships and crazy high tech weapons.

I'd presume the prisoners on the ship were petrified. The beam chased Ginro to nearly the bottom of the ocean. So it definitely passed through the ship. Unless they coincidentally made the prison resistant to beam weaponry we probably won't be seeing that bunch take part in this situation. Probably for the best.