View Single Post
Old 2023-07-05, 17:52   Link #19
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Back when I read the manga, I thought this was one of the better harem series around because the writing is pretty tight and there are no characters that made me go "Why are you here; you're useless; you're annoying" "you should die". There were no situations that made me go "Well, that was in bad taste". There weren't even ones that made me go "man, so boring".

I just binge-watched the first season again so I could watch this new season. I'm still rather shocked this day actually arrived. I thought the announcement last year was an April Fool's joke!!

So how did season 1 age?
Really well, tbh it's still a pretty entertaining series, largely thanks to Masamune's hilarious personality and Hanae Natsuki-san giving his 120% effort into the performance. Though since I just finished Demon Slayer's new season, it's so hard not to hear Tanjirou every time Masamune screams.

But honestly, I still like all the side characters too. Muriel's design is so cute with her hat and eyepatch and her 'cringe-otaku' personality. Gawd, she even says "de gozaru"...the second-hand embarrassment is real.

With much of the cast sneaking around, lying, and scheming against one another, it keeps the series quite interesting. Now Gasou's secret has been revealed (if you didn't know it before). I don't remember what happens next but I'll be looking forward to each week's episode for sure.