Thread: HiDive Dark Gathering
View Single Post
Old 2023-08-13, 17:57   Link #44
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Eiko may be utterly nuts, but I can get behind Yayoi and Keitaro's goals. They are sticking themselves into it for their respective goals. Honestly I'd say both have a reasonable endgame in mind as well. Getting their situations resolved will let them look forward.

On the other hand...not sure what to say about Eiko. Honestly I don't think she has an endgame. Just diving further and further into horrors and driving Keitaro into terrifying situations is enough for her. Obviously if we want to take her seriously her research is a thing. But it's not like that has any particular end point.

I do honestly wonder if she is at the core of all this. The episodes play her yandere so severely that it's hard to completely ignore it. Did she get cursed on purpose to drive Keitaro into a corner? I can't imagine that she actually orchestrated the incident with Yayoi's family but...are we 100% sure she didn't? She cares about whether Keitaro dies or not, but not sure that extends to people in general.

Yayoi is pretty brutal, but it's almost necessary considering how brutal her opponents are. And that's to say nothing about the spirit she's gunning for in the end. If the other side is taking hostages and playing cruel games...then she'll do the exact same. Basically treating it like a war and the only thing that matters is winning.