View Single Post
Old 2023-11-09, 01:24   Link #146
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
That was a pretty high-octane episode. It was interesting to see Shadow go up against his own, since practically every for Shadow or SG went up against got pretty much steamroller. It was good to see where SG's fighting ability lies in comparison to their boss. Even Alpha got rekt'd, even with a shiny new ability(mistform). Well that was the first time he got injured fighting w/o a blatant handicap, but then again, he wasn't using his sword, so not sure where his power level actually was as Smith. Kinda wished Delta nor Alpha recognized that it was him; would have been interesting to see how they would react to a threat they could not handle.

I actually feel kinda bad for Alpha. It was "obvious" what her feelings were ALLLL the way back in ep 4 S1, where she impersonated a student to see Cid in his dorm room. Here, she is shown to be more emotional than I would have thought. I get it; from her perspective, Shadow is doing what seems like illogical motives to her all the time, and it feels like he isn't telling her his actual plans, making her always have to wonder what they are. Of course we know he is just doing his roleplay thing for his own amusement... or is he?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
I feel bad for alpha and they should just abandon cid but in the end they are going to accept any stupid excuse he will come to explain why he did it.
If he is just role-playing, then why mention about .... when he sent Delta out of the window? I'm almost convinced between that dialogue then and with Alpha, there is actually some kind of ultimate plan that's not just him wanting to take over when his group already has taken over.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote