View Single Post
Old 2024-01-06, 22:10   Link #14
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Yeah, I'm not entirely sure why those girls stuck with the hero when they clearly weren't happy with it. I'd hope in the original perhaps he told them to do so due to his overall personal agreement with the "Hero's" sentiments. Otherwise some justification would have to be given for why the characters feel that they have to stay with the "Hero" despite disagreeing with him and I imagine disapproving of his perverse nature. Well, at least the OP seems to suggest that they'll come to his side sooner or later.

In any case, the one thing I'm not fond of is his "Life Conversion" skill. I'm not sure, but it kind of sounds like it can/will be used to make him into a powerful offensive character. Honestly, that's one of the things I dislike the most in all these expulsion series: the hero always starts out as either a tank or a support member, is rejected at least in part because he "doesn't do any/enough damage", and then very shortly after parting ways discovers he actually CAN do tons of damage, or otherwise easily attains the means to do so. Seriously, don't any authors ever think that making a guy rejected for his lack of DPS into an offensive Ace might detract from the story? I'm still waiting for a story where the expelled hero continues adventuring in a pure support role and manages to prove his worth WITHOUT having to gain what he was supposedly "lacking".
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote