Thread: Crunchyroll Sasaki and Peeps
View Single Post
Old 2024-01-10, 07:22   Link #28
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
Then once he has cash he may have to be careful how he deposits it. I don't know about Japan, so maybe it's not a concern, but in the US if someone deposits more then 10K or does a series of deposits totaling 10K or more then banks are required to notify the IRS. (https://lanterncredit.com/banking/de...-more-than-10k) And, well if you suddenly start depositing large amounts regularly, you could end up with someone knocking on your door asking questions.

And, while he could just stash the money away at home it's generally not the best idea, or particularly convenient.

Now that he has a better government paying job, he might be able to sneak in some extra cash and not look to suspicious. But, definitely not a millionaires worth of money.

Either way I hope the show actually addresses this.
Yeah, if they asked to justify where he got all that gold from, he'd be in trouble. I guess he was planning on moving to the other world eventually? The first transaction alone got him the equivalent of 40 million yen in buying power in the other world according to him (400 million yen in Japan). That's already a lot.