View Single Post
Old 2024-01-24, 12:42   Link #792
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
However, that and what he thinks about Frieren's involvement with Zoltraak are different things. I agree that he likely has 2nd (or 3rd) hand knowledge on that and would be less reliable but it doesn't make much sense to me for it to be entirely fictional. I would take it more of evidence that we shouldn't take Frieren's comments on Zoltraak's development as being perfectly reliable (ie that she left out her involvement).
If by your own admission Frieren's words aren't reliable, I don't see how that makes Lugner's any moreso.

You also speaking in black and white extremes.
The word was "contributor", which has a wide spectrum of ways Frieren could have helped out without active involvement that could make Lugner's statement not entirely false, but just exaggerated and misleading.

For example, she could have reproduced Qual's original Zoltraak during the battle, which evidently wasn't enough to kill him.
Then she would be contributing in an important aspect, but other human mages were the ones who innovated and refined it into the demon-killing spell it is today.
If Fern can fire Zoltraak faster than Frieren, then who's to say other human mages couldn't have made their own improvements in the past?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote