Thread: Crunchyroll Sengoku Youko
View Single Post
Old 2024-02-28, 12:04   Link #109
Frontier

Okou doesn't understand quite what happened, but she understands the loss of Shakugan, especially in light of not being able to see the twins that bear their name. And that loss is etched into Shinsuke's face, a face that now is stuck in a permanent scowl, rage dwelling in his heart .

So...Shagukan isn't EXACTLY dead. They're basically in some kind of hibernation state to recover their energy, but even if they do awaken it might be in 100 years or they might even just become a natural fixture. Either way, Shinsuke will probably never see Shaku again and it doesn't change anything for him

Shinsuke comes off like a crazy person talking to his sword and swearing bloody vengeance against the Dangaisyuu, but it turns out Arabuki actually IS sentient! Though Shinsuke's still pretty determined to kill as many Dangaisyuu as he can. For his part, Jinka just seems a little more subdued than usual .

Another village that regularly sacrifices a human to a katawara to protect it from bandits? I would've thought they'd be all in on stopping that, but it seems by Tama's standards it's not a situation they can interfere in for the villages' sake and because she thinks it's a fair trade since it doesn't happen regularly...but tell that to the brother and older sister who have to deal with her being the sacrifice. It's enough to make Shinsuke get up and lash out at Tama because HE'LL be the one to kill the Kagomori. Though Tama still cares about him, and likewise .

So much for killing the Kagomori though, because Resshin saves him the trouble of that AND finding Resshin so he can get his revenge for Shakugan. Though Shinsuke is still fight way above his weight class against Resshin .

I thought for a second Shinsuke would be so desperate he'd be willing to give his body to Arabuki so he could win the fight...but no! A sword shouldn't control a swordsman, a swordsman must control their sword! Arabuki was really not expecting Shinsuke to talk back !

But with new control over Arabuki, Shinsuke is able to cut off Resshin's arm! Though apparently 99% of Resshin's body is a weapon, even his own head, so that won't finish him. Though Shinsuke doesn't even need his sword to beat the tar out of him with his fists !

Well, thanks to the Kagomori for using his last breath to knock Resshin out. It's not like Shinsuke was in this for a fair duel, he just wants to kill Resshin, but is this what Shaku would've wanted? Is this the Shinsuke Kagan respected and Shakuyaku loved? It seemed like he really wasn't going to go through with it .

But Yazen interrupts the fight and gets Yazen to retreat, otherwise he'll blow him up, but not before the two sear on their real names to reunite and settle this. Takekichi will once again battle...Barry !

Wow, Shinsuke's not taking any of Jinka's snark any more! Though the only thing keeping the group together now is their mutual goal of defeating the Dangaisyuu. Any friendly vibe seemed to die with Shaku .

Didn't expect to see the gang run into a hot Mountain Goddess on their journey, but all the better to keep them away from Jinun. I'm not sure if we can really trust her though .

Oh, so Jinka has fairy eyes? I probably should've paid more attention to how unique they are. I wonder if he unlocked them, would he be more powerful ?

Forget about just Jinun, Senya is powerful enough to take down those two Tengu bodyguards. I don't think they have a chance against either of these two at this point .