View Single Post
Old 2024-04-04, 19:15   Link #19
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yep. That's the stuff . Just good to be back with this show.

Enjoyed Rin's origin story. Pretty cute and I like that camping really did bring her and her grandfather closer. Some powerful karma coming back to Rin in realizing what she put her Grandpa through to prove himself . Admittedly he certainly had more upper body strength than a teenage Rin would have. So it was probably harder on her than him. And of course love those little moments where Rin is looking forward to her next trip with Nadeshiko.

The little alcohol stove making scene was cute. And hey I'm all in favor of the cast embracing some low tech/cost options. They do have income now which is good, but they could do well enough with a bit less cost.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The first half was pretty much Shimarin: the origin. It was of course no surprise that she gets her love of camping from her grandpa.

The second half was fun. A bit of educatonal DIY.

It will take a bit of time for me to get used to the new designs. Rin in particular looks really different compared to previous seasons. The backgrounds were also eerily realistic at times, were they real life pictures?
It definitely felt like a few scenes at least had real life pictures as the background. I wouldn't be completely shocked. Maybe they are getting an extra kick of budget from places to advertise them via the backgrounds.