Thread: Crunchyroll Tadaima, Okaeri
View Single Post
Old 2024-04-22, 00:40   Link #17
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Finally Yuuki my favorite side character is here, and once they're introduced properly by way of an accidental head bump Hikari takes to him like white on rice, and eventually starts calling him Yu-ku, much to Yuuki's initial dismay. But, as much as Yuuki may not understand Hikari's fondness for him, it doesn't stop him from hanging out with him everyday, reading, playing with toys, and taking naps together. Just so freaking cute and adorable.

There's a lot going on with Yuuki and his perception of himself, but thankfully, Masaki, and Hikari especially bulldoze through his dour outlook showering him with attention, happily including him in their life.

When Hikari tell's Yuuki he loves him (and make no mistake this is akin to familial love Hikari feels here), he can't understand why anyone would care for a "loser like him", which causes Masaki to be concerned over why Yuuki would put himself down like that and for the second time.

When Yuuki gets scolded by an older neighbor, and told he should make friends with people his age, both Hikari and Yuuki are almost brought to tears when Yuuki feels the need to defend himself, and Hikari feels like he's about to be rejected. Thankfully, Masaki is there for the save, and comments that Yuuki is Hikari's friend, his very first one. This causes the man to back off and things are left there.

Later Yuuki opens up to Masaki that this is a normal occurrence with the man in question, and as much as it unnerves him he feels the guy is mostly right about him. He confides that ever since he was a kid he's been aloof and unable to make friends, and that once Hikari get's older and knows better he'll just be disappointed in him. Masaki tells him that just the fact that Yuuki spends time with him is more then enough, and to trust Hikari's feelings. Knowing that someone just likes having him around more then does the trick for Yuuki's mood.

One of my favorite aspects of this story is just how the characters create this found family, with Yuuki as the first honorary member. I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of this cozy story adapted.