Thread: Crunchyroll Re:Monster
View Single Post
Old 2024-04-22, 16:10   Link #56
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
I have been promised to get paid at work, but haven't been given my wage yet (since it isn't the end of the month). Should I sue my boss for robbery? And should everyone who was around the Empire State Building go to jail for not stopping the planes during 9/11? He hasn't fulfilled the promise yet but hasn't reneged on it in any way. He also simply is incapable of sending them home and he never hid this to get something from them. Neither of those makes him the offender.
It's more like if there was coup in Russia and new leader didn't released any political prisoners. Anyway MC didn't even gave any timeline, even though he could let them go anytime. You can call it whatever you want, but it doesn't change that he keep them trapped inside of forest. He is not unrelated, he is leader of goblin tribe.

Quote:
The potions were stored in transparent glass, which likely means it is either common or easy to produce with magic. Production of glasses should thus be much easier and glasses much cheaper than in non-magical medieval times. I can't comment on her clothing quality, but even farmer girls had one good pair of clothing, and she is not wearing some frilly triple-layered evening dress.

Alchemy isn't really expensive as a hobby if you get the ingredients yourself and being wealthy and happy are two different things. A girl's life in medieval times would be decided by her parents and later husband and the husband was unlikely to let them be crafters (since that would embarrass him). If they had any attachment to the craft, that's their problem.
Of course it's super easy obtain gold, silver, mercury and in this world also probably basilisks eyes or dog killing mandrakes. You can find that anywhere. Sarcasm aside, of course weatlh doesn't guarrantee happiness, neither does love, good family or successful career. But if you have good life and you are still unhappy, there is case to be made that's it's your own fault and if we look at it without modern value filter (witch you said we should), they would have very good life.

Quote:
And we don't even know whether their family is still alive. It wouldn't make sense that the girls (maybe except red-head) would travel with a caravan alone, so their famil has either been dead by that time, or they died during the attack (or at least part of them). While the second one would give them some reason to hate the goblins, the attackers and Rou's group are two distinct groups which Rou showed by beating the ex-chief to death. In either case, they have little to return to home.

Beach requires sand and trees don't grow well in sand. That means they need to get out of the forest first to go to a beach.
Biggest problem with your hypothesis is that, you first assume practically unprecedent setting for this genre and than manufacture complex backstories including death parents and abusive husbands (who are still so nice that they let them go out collect gold nugget for their hobbies), to explain obvious contradictions. Plus we know there is not major divide between genders. This convoy had female guard the (redhead) and in opening there is female knight who's apparently leader of her group. Elves also had multiple female fighters in their ranks.

Also not everything in forrest is covered trees. There are clearings, lakes, rivers and forrest can even go as far as to reach sea