Thread: Crunchyroll Re:Monster
View Single Post
Old 2024-04-28, 18:01   Link #63
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post
If only everyone was actually that rational, heh. Lots of people don't care about any of that and just paint with a broad brush, especially when they aren't even the same species.
I don't think its even that it is because they are different species; its because they are goblins. This was done earlier, but I don't think its the same as any other show 'where the MC has wolf-girls, succubi, etc. fawning over him' because they are usually seen as monsters. I wouldn't believe there would be as much fanfare if they were elves or something more noble, even if it was under a similar pretext. And since they are goblins, its natural to assume that their nature is similar to every other goblin at least on a societal level, thus, even if Gobrou saved them, the girls would still be wary, let alone sleep with them. However, even that idea hinges on what kind of society the human characters live in, which we haven't seen anything of yet; only that of the goblins and the forest. The human girls' behavior might be very in-character for that world, and the goblins might be categorized the same as other intelligent races(i.e. you could see one roaming the streets of a human town, like in Tsukimichi or something).

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote