Thread: HiDive Urusei Yatsura Remake
View Single Post
Old 2024-05-02, 13:23   Link #226
Frontier

The only thing more inexplicable than Ryunosuke and her dad getting an entire island for a steal of 300 yen is that Mr. Fujinami actually thinks they can hold a business in a deserted island far away from human civlization...but this is Mr. Fujinami we're talking about, so no surprise there. But hey, perfect excuse for Lum and Shinobu to wear swimsuits! Lum even has her name on her bikini bottoms !

It's nice to know Ryunosuke can air out her Ryunosuke's occasionally during a bath, but now she has to ward off ghost girls! And Ataru and Mendo !

So they're not just dealing with a ghost girl but a ghost dad too...the ghost of Fujinami's old friend Shiowatari, as he and his daughter haunt the island. It also turns out Shiowatari thinks a lot like Fujinami in that he and his child drank urchin shaved ice in an effort to entice customers only for it to end up killing them both. What a way to die .

Why am I not surprised that Ryunosuke's dad basically had her engaged before she was even born and without her permission? Or that she can't mention she's a woman once? Or that the ghost named Nagisa wants to kiss him to pass on? Ryunosuke can never catch a break ?

I definitely did not have a giant sea urchin laying eggs and using it's tears to bring a ghost back to life on my bingo card for this show .

If the fact that Ataru and Mendo weren't all over hitting on Nagisa from the get-go wasn't enough of a clue, the fact that Nagisa is voiced by Ayumu Murase should've been an even bigger one that Nagisa isn't a girl...but a boy! Of COURSE Ryunosuke would get a femboy and trap for a love interest! And now she's stuck with him !

I guess at least one good thing happened...Mr. Fujinami having to endure all those sea urchin shaved ice! Serves him right !

Ten cannot win against Ataru, even his dreams don't end well, but when he chances upon a fairy voiced by Jun Fukuyama, he has a shot at making all his best dreams come true !

Lum really is a sweetheart! Finding a parasol for Ten to play with and then using it to protect some baby birds...even if it also ended up screwing over Ten in the process .

It then becomes a Ten vs Ataru fight over who gets to have their dream fulfilled...and Ten wins! Only the fair probably should've specified that he brings forth the person's prior dream and just magics it up out the blue, even if it's a bad one. The poor Moroboshi household !