View Single Post
Old 2004-01-14, 19:23   Link #40
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

Flamewars always depend on the people, the main reason is that people always want other people to see things the way they themselves see it (whether it's true or false)...and most of the time they never take into consideration that other people have their own opinions (again...whether it's true or false)....and with this continued stubborness they keep going on and on about the same thing....and it usually doesn't take long for things to take a wrong turn cause of the stubborness to keep on going...it's very rare to see someone give in or just walk away...

Another reason for flamewars is that sometimes people act very sarcastic (kinda like JAppi) and with that sarcasm other people take it the wrong way and always think it's some kind of insult...and with that they immediately have to argue or say something which usually is just as worst as the comment made by the sarcastic individual...now it's a bit hard to tell when a person is being sarcastic with writing but for the most part we can't take everything everyone says seriously...even though it's obvious when someone really isn't sarcastic...but with those we can't go in ranting and raving...if anyone needs to say anything they should just walk in defending the subject at hand like normal with no insults...and if the person keeps on going then it's a lost cause to keep on arguing and the defending person should just step aside...but like i said...the stubbornness kicks in and sometimes people can't just turn away until they change the other person's mind (something that very rarely happens)

*sigh* i guess that's all i wanted to say...there have been a few more flamewars then there have been in the past...but most of the time they're ended very quickly...
Superchop is offline   Reply With Quote