View Single Post
Old 2006-10-02, 22:27   Link #17
Pakxenon
popcorn

I am currently the lowest voter... (6)

Starts out with a good premises, good fantasy settings, likeable characters, and a predictable but well-wrought out concept. This kept me going the first half. Half way through, several slower episodes kicked in to slow it down and focus on the characters and happiness - okay. But after that, it got repetitive - win wars, gain new harem member, defeat new villains. Then at the end, many people started thinking 'wtf giant robots?', then I lost my respect for the series there.

#1: Each villain is hateable. I hate hating every villain. I wished they would die, but they won't until the next next episode. They are purposefully illustrated to gain some cheap points for Hakuoro. No matter how good each villain arc is, it got repetitive with the same victory for Hakuoro and the hating. I don't want another Full Metal Panic! S1 (die, Gauron!!!!), but the way the villains are portrayed was just really cheap.

#2: There is no limit of supply for humans. The population in this story could feed an alien race for hundreds of years even if the humans are still waging war against each other. Soldiers keep dying, but it doesn't look like it in the next battle. Very inconsistant and unbelievable for the most part of this aspect.

#3: In the end, not even Hakuoro's harem could put a scratch on the 'mecha'. They are shown to be all powerful, but at the end they turn out to be useless. The cheapness goes the other way around! Ironic yet still cheap.

The story and character relationships were great, but they all turned out to be useless at the end. A big set-up for a finale of confusion.
Pakxenon is offline   Reply With Quote