View Single Post
Old 2006-10-16, 17:16   Link #98
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shounen View Post
I live Sweden, and we got about 9mil people. About 3mil got more 10mbit or faster.
Completely off topic, but... please stop grabbing numbers out of thin air. According to this report, less than two million people in Sweden have ANY kind of broadband connection at ALL, and that's with a rather generous definition of "broadband".

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
A fairer test might be to see what happens if TheFluff tried to maximize the quality of both while maintaining the same filesize.
Well, that's more or less what I did. If both are to be the same filesize, they HAVE to have the same bitrate. I guess I could have used a higher bitrate for both, though, to point out that Xvid does have problems h.264 lacks, even at very high bitrates. But that wouldn't have been as obvious, of course. The samples, as they are, favor h.264 slightly because Xvid inherently needs more bitrate to accomplish more or less the same thing, but that was kind of the point. I guess I could have encoded at constant quant 18/quant 2 and rambled about the differences, but I was lazy...
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read

Last edited by TheFluff; 2006-10-16 at 17:39.
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote