Old 2006-12-07, 17:55   Link #9
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

@ Lexander - Yeah I think I'll stick with the beta a lil white.. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by senorjuarez
here's why we are so upset.

utorrent was bought up. this usually means bad things. look at what happened to partition magic, among many other great little programs, after it got snatched up by norton. it is twice the size, has a shittier interface, and has all sorts of new bells and whistles that dont work. its like looking into utorrent's future.

furthermore, utorrent got bought up by BT inc. BT inc just signed a deal with the WB that requires them to take active measures AGAINST illegal filesharing (and really, who uses utorrent for anything besides that? lets not kid ourselves).

THEREFORE: the client we all use to steal media is now, in effect, owned by GUESS WHO? THE PEOPLE WE STEAL SHIT FROM.
This was posted on the the uTorrent forum..
The first part is why me and others are upset (with very good example I might add)
And the second part is too damn funny

Besides this.. in the FAQ posted on the site (the one I posted above) it is mentioned that BitTorrent is going to improve uTorrent not only this but Ludde is gone.. so the person who made uTorrent what it is today is gone..

You know there are lotz and lotz of profesionals out there that made tons and tons of torrent clients.. like BitTorrent.. if it has so many usefull feature you need then why don't you use that?.. also just because he set the initial building blocks doesn't mean he's a ginius..
How should I put it.. just because he discovered 1+1=2 don mean he can improve on the thory of relativity..

All this is good and all maybe if I watch fansubs on my mobile phone.. lol.. but I don't so I don' care..
*BlackCatXIII wonders when they'll add Worner Bros Commercials to uTorrent*

Note to the Mods :
Create a "Good/Bad move" poll and place a rule "Only creative complaining allowed!"
If this continues like on the utorrent boards we're looking at pages upon pages of 1-liners..

Last edited by felix; 2006-12-07 at 18:07.
felix is offline   Reply With Quote