All about Haruhi Suzumiya (涼宮ハルヒ) 2006 Edition
View Single Post
Gone for Good
Join Date: Apr 2004
Timeline - HUGE SPOILERS TO VOL 9!
- Data Entities begin their existence since the formation of the universe; they merged with one another as they gathered even more data. These data entities eventually evolve into the Integrated Data Sentient Entity (情報統合思念体) and its rival, the Canopy Domain (天蓋領域).
(Volume 1, 7, 9)
(Note: Translated English names for these alien entities are tentative and not final. )
Circa 280 million years BH (Before Haruhi)
- At some point, part of the data entities branched off to evolve into an “imperfect form”, due to their “imperfect form”, they were soon eliminated by natural selection. But one survived and ended up hibernating in pre-historic Earth, waiting for its chance to re-emerge.
(Volume 3 – Mysterique Sign)
Circa 300 years ago (1702CE, 15th year of the Genroku Emperor)
Tsuruya Yauemon, the eccentric patriarch of the Tsuruya clan, the local landlord, stumbles upon a mysterious metallic device made of Titanium alloys. The device was made with technology that was obviously far ahead of his time. Feeling uneasy with this device, he hides it in a vase and buries it in the Tsuruya clan's private hill, under a gourd-shaped rock. He draws up a treasure map for his descendants in case they're interested in this "treasure".
– Tsuruya-san born
– Suzumiya Haruhi born, Kyon born, Koizumi Itsuki born, Taniguchi and Kunikida as well. Also including the "anti-SOS" Sasaki and Tachibana Kyoko around this year.
– Kyon’s sister born
– Kyon’s grandmother called him by his present nickname, his sister helped spread it, and the name stuck
0AH (After Haruhi)
– Haruhi is still in elementary school. One day, her father took her to a baseball game. It is here when she realized how insignificant humans are in this universe.
– Haruhi enrols at East Junior High. She begins her “eccentric” quest to search for aliens, time travellers, dimension travellers, and espers.
At this time, Haruhi’s hidden powers were awaken, this causes the following:
1. As a mere human, Haruhi is able to create tons of data that cannot be processed in a human lifetime. The Integrated Data Sentient Entity is very interested in this new stream of data, as it believes these data, once analyzed, could hold the key for its own evolution.
As the Integrated Data Entity is incapable of speech, it has created many Living Humanoid Interfaces, including Nagato Yuki and Asakura Ryoko, to interact with humans and observe Haruhi from a close distance. Both Yuki and Ryoko stay in the high-class apartment block near the local train station in “Stand-By” mode, preparing to enter the high school Haruhi enters three years from now.
1-2. It is not yet known whether the Canopy Domain, an alien entity with a different agenda from the Integrated Data Entity, has made its move during this time.
(Volume 7, 9)
2. Haruhi is also able to create a massive timequake, creating a huge time fault between the present time plane and the previous time planes. The time travellers from the future are thus unable to travel any further before this year. The future authorities sent specialists to investigate, but are unable to find out why, save that Haruhi is the culprit.
2-2. There exists another group of time-travellers with a totally different unknown agenda than the above. Though they too owe their existence to this event.
(Volume 7, 9)
3. Koizumi Itsuki and 9 others suddenly have supernatural powers. They and other humans also suddenly become aware of Haruhi’s ability to affect the reality and form the "Organization" (機関). [One of the benefactors to the "Organization" is the Tsuruya clan. Though Tsuruya-san herself seems oblivious to this.
Every time Haruhi feels depressed, a Sealed Dimension is created randomly, in which blue giants “Shinjins” wreak havoc. If these “Shinjins” continue to their destruction, then their destruction would manifest itself in the real world. Koizumi and his companions job is to use their powers inside these Sealed Dimensions and destroy these “Shinjins”. The ‘Organization’ sent various agents to observe Haruhi.
3-2. There exist another group of espers and humans, who believe their powers originated from another person - a girl in Kyon's junior high called Sasaki. They believe Sasaki's divine powers have somehow been transferred into Haruhi, and they seek to "correct" this phenomenon. For this reason, they are constantly at odds with the "Organization". These espers too can enter Sealed Dimensions, however, these dimensions are stable domains created by Sasaki, and do not cause harm to this world.
The above three main forces are often at odds with each other concerning Haruhi, though the reason is not yet known to the readers.
The three forces are also splintered into various sub-factions, fighting amongst each other. However, it will be the "mainstream faction" of these three forces that would approach Haruhi.
The opposing three forces have their various agendas, and it is primarily the rival espers that seek to ally themselves with the other two to set Sasaki up as an "anti-Haruhi".
July 7th (Tanabata Festival)
8:30pm – Kyon from three years later (“Alternate World” December 20th, 3AH) arrives at this time plane, he realizes where he is and rushes to the park and hides awaiting his other self to arrive.
9:00pm – Another Kyon and Mikuru from three years later (July 7th, 3AH) arrive at this time plane at the park near the station. Mikuru then falls unconscious, thanks an even future Mikuru (Kyon calls her Mikuru (Big)).
(Volume 3, Bamboo Rhapsody)
9:05pm – Mikuru (Big) urges Kyon to carry Mikuru (Small) to East Junior High and assist the person at the gate there. Kyon, with Mikuru (small) walks westwards towards East Junior High
(Volume 3, Bamboo Rhapsody)
9:10pm – Mikuru (Big) walks slowly eastwards, the other Kyon (Kyon2 here, for simplicity’s sake) runs up to her and explains his situation. Mikuru (Big) then has a conversation with Kyon2, and requests his and Yuki’s help to restore the future timeline.
9:30pm – Kyon, carrying Mikuru (Small), arrives at East Junior High and finds a younger Haruhi trying to get inside her school. Kyon decides to help Haruhi draw the signs on school’s courtyard, using white chalk powder tied onto a trolley by Haruhi. The sign in alien language, according to Yuki’s interpretation some time in the future to Kyon, reads “I am here.”
(Volume 3, Bamboo Rhapsody)
9:35pm – Haruhi asks for Kyon’s name, Kyon calls himself “John Smith”. Haruhi then walks home. Mikuru (Small) wakes up and finds her time travelling device, the Time Plane Destroy Device (TPDD), is missing. (It was Mikuru (Big) that took it away, since this occurrence was “inevitable”)
Kyon remembers the drawings on the bookmark Yuki gave him before he and Mikuru (Small) departed from the future. He has a hunch Yuki is also here in this time plane, and decides to go and ask this Yuki (on Stand-By mode) for help.
(Volume 3, Bamboo Rhapsody)
9:40pm – Kyon2 and Mikuru (Big) decide to visit Yuki, but they have to wait for Kyon and Mikuru (Small) to visit Yuki first. So Kyon2 goes towards the street and sees Haruhi walking off, and shouted, according to his memory, “Please take good care of John Smith, who will shake the world!”
Haruhi will remember this line, and eventually tells “John Smith” about this in an alternate future 3 years from now.
9:45pm – Kyon and Mikuru (Small) visits the Yuki here and explains their situation. Yuki “connects” with her future self and verifies Kyon’s story, and decides to help Kyon and Mikuru (Small). She has them sleep together in a futon in a room, she then freezes the time in the room and puts them in stasis, only to unfreeze them three years later.
(Volume 3, Bamboo Rhapsody)
10:00pm – Kyon2 and Mikuru (Big) visits Yuki. Yuki tries “connecting” with her future self again, but is unable to, since her future self has selectively blocked connection for some reason. Yuki decides Kyon2’s story is true and assists him as well, but she can’t travel with them back to the future, as she has to take care of the frozen Kyon and Mikuru (Small).
She injects nano-machines into Kyon and Mikuru, so they won’t be affected by the “reality change” caused by the culprit on December 18th, 3AH. She also creates a nano-machine gun, this gun is to be injected into the culprit’s body in order to restore the future reality to its original state.
She then reveals who the culprit is – her future self. (More on December 18th, 3AH entry) After that, Mikuru (Big) uses the TPDD she took from Mikuru (Small) and returns to the December 18th, 3AH with Kyon2.
– Tsuruya-san enrols at North High.
- Kyon is in his third and final year at his junior high.
- To improve his grades, Kyon's mom has him enroll into a cram school. It is here that he becomes acquainted with Sasaki, a girl in the same class from his junior high.
- Kyon soon notices Sasaki has a habit of calling herself "boku" when speaking to guys and would often delve into philosophical topics.
- As it is faster for Kyon to stop by his house and then ride his bicycle to cram school, he offers to give Sasaki a ride. Hence they more or less become good friends, and the misconception that Kyon "likes weird girls" is born, despite them not developing any relationship beyond being friends.
- After graduation, Kyon and Sasaki would go into different schools, and they would not meet until a year later.
- Kyon enrols at North High and meets Haruhi for the first time.
- Haruhi enrolls at North High (most likely due to the face that “John Smith” was a North High student).
- Yuki and Ryoko begin their mission and enroll at North High as well.
- The future authorities send Mikuru to this time plane and she enrolls in North High to begin her mission of observing North High, befriending Tsuruya-san along the way.
- Kyon observes Haruhi’s eccentric behaviour for some time, then began having daily conversations with her before every day’s home room session, as he sits in front of her.
- One day, Kyon implants in Haruhi’s mind the idea of forming a club. Inspired by this, Haruhi forms the SOS Brigade. She “kidnaps” Mikuru and occupies the Literary Club room as their headquarters.
(Yuki has been “waiting” for them, as Kyon told her to 3 years ago. So she has an advantage over Ryoko, who tried unsuccessfully to actively engage with Haruhi.)
- The “Organization” arranges for Koizumi Itsuki transfer to North High to assist in their surveillance of Haruhi, whose mental state has begun to go unstable again, thanks to Kyon’s unwitting encouragement.
Haruhi decides to invite this “mysterious transfer student” to the SOS Brigade. (Koizumi was “shocked and terrified” when an excited Haruhi approached him and have him join the SOS Brigade, as he had originally planned to just secretly observe Haruhi.
- Yuki, Mikuru and Koizumi all revealed their true identities to Kyon respectively, and explained their motives for gathering around Haruhi and observing her.
[ - Haruhi took the SOS Brigade one Sunday to search for anything mysterious. Kyon was paired with Mikuru in the morning (where she told him where she came from), while being paired with Yuki in the afternoon.
- As Kyon decided to bring Yuki to the library to kill time, Kyon's junior high classmate Nakagawa (whom Kyon doesn't even remember) walks past them and is instantly mesmerized by Yuki.
- What Nakagawa doesn't know is that he's a half-esper, being secretly considered as a candidate by Koizumi's "Organization". His latent powers allow him to partially sense the presence of the Integrated Data Entity within Yuki. He misinterprets this overwhelming inflow of data as "love at first sight" and becomes obsessed with her for the next six months.
(Volume 6, Crazy LOVER)
- One month since the formation of the SOS Brigade, and Haruhi begins to get depressed at the lack of mysterious and interesting events. More Sealed Dimensions are created as a result.
- Ryoko could no longer stand this status quo and decides to do something about it. She lures Kyon into a trap and tries to kill Kyon, in order to trigger a reaction from Haruhi. But she is thwarted by Yuki, who saved Kyon at the nick of time, and is eliminated by Yuki.
- Kyon then meets Mikuru (Big) (who showed him her star-shaped birthmark on her breast), she told Kyon not to “get too close with her”, and warns that something is about to happen, though she couldn’t reveal much, she gave Kyon a hint – Snow White
- Koizumi shows Kyon a Sealed Dimension, and the “Shinjins” as well as his powers in dealing with them. He says these dimensions have increased in frequency lately.
- One day, Haruhi’s depression drew both her and the person she wants to be with most – Kyon, into a Sealed Dimension. Koizumi manages to enter the dimension with great difficulty, and before disappearing, tells Kyon that Haruhi’s depression is leading her to decide to destroy the old world and create a new world.
Through the computer, Yuki leaves Kyon with another hint – Sleeping Beauty. Kyon understood the hint: to give Haruhi something to hope for in their original world so that she would not despair of it – him, so he “reluctantly” kisses her and they both re-awake back in their world. Though Haruhi thought it was all a bad dream afterwards.
– Haruhi is so bored she decides to have the SOS Brigade join the local baseball tournament. Halfway through their game with the Kamigahara Pirates, with the SOS Brigade one inning away from defeat, Haruhi’s frustrations create a Sealed Dimension.
Koizumi convinces Yuki to manipulate the “match data” to turn the game in the SOS Brigade’s favour in order to literally save the world. The SOS Brigade won the match eventually.
Kyon then convinces Haruhi to pull out (out of fear that Yuki’s manipulation won’t go unnoticed for long), Haruhi decides baseball’s boring and agrees. (She then wanted to join a soccer and American football tournament, but that’s another story.)
(Volume 3, The Boredom of Suzumiya Haruhi)
July 7th (Tanabata Festival)
– Haruhi brings in a bamboo shoot, she says it’s used for making wishes to the lovers of the Tanabata Festival.
After hanging their wishes on the bamboo shoot, Haruhi goes home. Mikuru then asks Kyon to stay behind and travel with her to the past three years ago. Before leaving, Yuki gives Kyon a bookmark with strange signs on it.
– Kyon and Mikuru wake up in Yuki’s room after being frozen for three whole years by Yuki, who has reanimated them. For Kyon, the sleep only took seconds.
(Volume 3, Bamboo Rhapsody)
- Haruhi creates a logo for the SOS Brigade website and uploads it to the web. Unbeknownst to her, the logo awakened the long hibernating “Imperfect Data Entity” and it begins to duplicate itself across the web using the logo as its physical manifestation.
It sucks in any user (total of 8, including the president of the Computer Society) who has seen the logo on the website and creates a dimension for it to reside in.
- Kimidori Emiri, a second year student, visits the SOS Brigade to ask for help to find her “boyfriend”, the Computer Society president.
The SOS Brigade visit the president’s apartment. Besides Haruhi, the rest discover the existence of a hidden dimension and visit it again after Haruhi went home.
They promptly rescued the unconscious president and destroyed this Imperfect Data Entity.
- They went and rescued the other 7 people who have visited the website. In order to stop the Data Entity from spreading again, Yuki had the logo slightly altered so that it reads “ZOZ” instead of “SOS”, though it’s barely noticeable.
- Kyon finds out that the Computer Society president never had a girlfriend, he wonders who Kimidori is.
He also realizes Yuki could have dealt with this all on her own, yet she let the whole SOS Brigade in on this. He began to wonder if Yuki is “lonely”.
(Volume 3, Mysterique Sign)
- In order to keep Haruhi from getting bored, Koizumi, with help from his companions from the “Organization” – Tamaru Keiichi and Tamaru Yutaka, Arakawa, and Mori Sonou, arranged a summer field trip for the SOS Brigade, with a secret murder mystery, in which everyone is nearly fooled into thinking Tamaru Keiichi has been murdered.
Though in the end, Kyon managed to figure out the truth. Haruhi seemed pretty satisfied with this game afterwards and puts Koizumi in charge of the murder mystery game for their coming winter field trip.
(Volume 3, Lone Island Syndrome)
August 17th – August 31st
– After coming back from a trip with his family, Kyon got dragged into a flurry of activities by Haruhi in the last two weeks of summer holidays.
– Unwittingly, the whole world, with the exception of Yuki (and other Living Humanoid Interfaces probably), have been trapped in a time loop that repeats itself on August 17th, with everyone’s memories being completely reset (Yuki is not affected thanks to the omniscience of the Integrated Data Entity, which transcends time and space).
– The SOS Brigade members, due to their proximity to Haruhi, experiences some déjà vu from time to time. Whenever Mikuru realizes she has lost contact with her future, that is when the SOS Brigade realize they’re stuck in a time loop.
(Yuki says they’ve been in this time loop for 15,498 times already – i.e. 548 years, and this is the 6000+ time they’ve found out.) The reason they’re stuck is that Haruhi never seem to be completely satisfied with this summer vacation.
– Then on the 15,498th time, Kyon realizes what is missing – he invites the SOS Brigade to do their summer vacation homework together on the last day.
Haruhi, being the bright student that she is, never experienced doing homework with her friends, as she’s finished hers long ago. But since it’s Kyon that hasn’t completed her homework, she decides to “help out”, since she doesn’t want to be left out.
September 1st – Due to Haruhi now being satisfied with her summer vacation, the world has now broken free of the endless time loop and time moves forward again.
(Volume 5 – Endless Eight)
- Haruhi decides to make a SOS Brigade movie for the school festival, starring Mikuru, Yuki and Koizumi, with herself as director, producer and writer, and Kyon in charge of all the “menial tasks”, including being the camera man.
- Extras including Tsuruya-san, Kunikida and Taniguchi are brought in. Shamisen the cat is adopted by Kyon, under Haruhi’s orders.
- During the shooting of the movie, Haruhi unwittingly alters reality, these include: Mikuru beam (now rendered harmless with Yuki’s nano-machines), Shamisen talking, and pigeons turning their feathers white overnight.
- Eventually, Kyon got into a fight with Haruhi. Haruhi becomes so depressed that Koizumi fears for the worst and urges Kyon to make up with her. Kyon, for some reason unknown to him, decides to “cheer up” Haruhi.
However, this creates the opposite extreme, in which Haruhi could potentially create irreversible alterations on reality, as Haruhi is unable to distinguish her reality from the movie reality.
- Kyon is eventually able to find a simple solution during the editing of the movie – he convinces Haruhi to put a disclaimer at the end of the movie, declaring everything in the movie, including all the “special effects”, as “fiction”.
- Kyon half-guessed the movements of some underground clandestine activity between the three forces during the school festival – as they were all dressed in funny costumes, no one suspected them as they were believed to be in a play
- The movie, "Asahina Mikuru's Adventure Episode 00" is shown in the school festival with <strike>mixed</strike> great success (according to the director) after its showing in the Movie Club's theatre (they got coerced and blackmailed by Haruhi to show the movie ahead of their selection).
(Volume 6, Asahina Mikuru's Adventure Episode 00)
- Haruhi then spent the next few days during the School Festival (trying) to hand out SOS Brigade flyers in her bunny suit.
- On the last day, she came across a three girl rock band about to perform at the festival concert. Their lead singer and songwriter had suffered from tonsillitis that day and was unable to perform.
- The remaining band members were at a lost at what to do, when for some reason which even she herself couldn't explain, Haruhi decided to step in and help them.
- Haruhi listened to the audition tapes only three times and decided to be the lead singer. She enlisted the help of Yuki as the guitarist (which Yuki agreed and learnt instantly, in a matter of seconds).
- Haruhi and Yuki then performed in place of the band's lead singer (in their costumes, Haruhi in bunny suit, Yuki is magician suit).
- The audience were stunned by Haruhi's performance, but after Haruhi explained that she and Yuki were only stand-ins, they were even more amazed. If the stand-ins were already this good, then the original performance must be incredible. This resulted in the high demand for the band's audition tapes, and the band's career could now begin to take off.
- A few days later, the band members visited Haruhi's classroom to thank her from the bottom of their heart. Haruhi seemed uncomfortable at being thanked at, since she wasn't used to helping others before. But her waverings were swept away for now when she came up with a plan to form the SOS Band for next year's school festival.
(Volume 6 - LIVE ALIVE)
- To avenge their unjust humiliation at the hands of Haruhi, the Computer Society challenges the SOS Brigade to a duel on an online real-time strategy game, “The Day of Sagittarius”.
- If they win, then the SOS Brigade will need to hand over the computer Haruhi “obtained” from them. The odds seem to be against the SOS Brigade, the Computer Society even have the game rigged in their favour. However, they completely underestimated the potential of Yuki.
- The game seems to have ignited a passion in Yuki unseen before, and before long, she has turned the tables on the Computer Society and won the game for the SOS Brigade.
- The Computer Society begged for mercy from Haruhi, and pleaded with Yuki to come visit them time to time to show them her computer mastery.
- Kyon, seemingly understanding of Yuki’s “feelings”, urges her to take a break from observing Haruhi all the time and occasionally go “play the computer”.
(Volume 5, The Day of Sagittarius)
- During the Student Council Presidential election, Koizumi and the "Organization" handpicked a "stern-looking" person who would fit the role of a "stuck-up officious" President (while disregarding the fact that he's quite a delinquent and smokes often) and have him run for the position. The new President would provide a source for which Koizumi can "stir up trouble" for Haruhi and keep her mind occupied from other "weird ideas".
- At the same time, Kimidori Emiri, a Living Humanoid Interface just like Asakura and Yuki, manipulated reality for some reason and became the General Secretary of the Student Council.
(Volume 8, Editor in Chief★Straight Ahead!)
– Haruhi proposes a Christmas party to the SOS Brigade. Kyon doesn’t realize anything unusual at this moment.
Note: From December 18th to December 20th, there exist two "versions" of reality. The first version is the one where the world is changed, the second version is the restored reality, which "overwrites" the first version, kind of like how a videotape or DVD-RW can be overwritten. Kyon is the only person with memories of having experienced BOTH versions.
Originally Posted by
Dec 18th - Dec20th: Version 1
- With a lot of “impure” data accumulating inside, Yuki begins to lose control of herself. Yuki doesn’t know it, but Kyon calls the “impure” data “emotions”, which Yuki seemed to lack but is beginning to lose control due to not being able to handle the overload of emotions.
- By somehow “stealing” Haruhi’s ability to alter reality, Yuki uses this power to change the fabric of reality, including herself. The best she could do to reduce this lost of control was to retain Kyon’s memories of this world.
- She also re-creates Asakura Ryoko to serve as a "protector" for her altered self.
- When Kyon wakes up and goes to school, he finds that the whole world is turned upside down. Haruhi has disappeared, so has Koizumi and his whole class. Mikuru is just a normal 2nd year student, and Yuki is just a quiet bookish girl. It seems Kyon is the only one with his memories intact.
- Kyon visits the Literary Club room again, where Yuki is. Yuki blushed time and again whenever Kyon looks at her.
- While examining the bookshelf, Kyon picked up the book which Yuki used to lend him in the original reality.
There he found a bookmark with a cryptic message from the original Yuki – an “escape program” to be activated in two days time once “the key” is obtained. This is Kyon’s only clue to return to his reality. He also notices how this Yuki blushes furiously when he stares at her and actually finds her cute.
- The Yuki here suddenly invites Kyon to her apartment. She tells Kyon about how she remembers Kyon at the library, though her memory is different from that of Kyon’s.
- Ryoko comes to visit and cooks dinner for Yuki, since Yuki lives all alone. Under Yuki's urging, Kyon stays behind to have dinner with them. He leaves, having see this Yuki smile.
- Kyon hears from Taniguchi, who was absent the other day, that Haruhi does indeed exist in this reality, only that she attends another school.
- Kyon rushes to that school, and finds her and Koizumi in the same school. Both their memories have been altered and they don’t recognize Kyon.
- In desperation, Kyon uses his final card, he tells Haruhi he is “John Smith” from three years ago.
- Haruhi didn’t question Kyon and believed him at once, since she does remember “John Smith” – Kyon now knows at least the past hasn’t been altered and has hopes again.
- After telling Haruhi and Koizumi his story, Haruhi decides to visit the “SOS Brigade” room. She enters the school with Koizumi and Kyon.
- Haruhi then “kidnaps” Mikuru, and with Koizumi and Kyon, entered the club room, where a surprised Yuki is waiting.
- With all “SOS Brigade” members in the room, the “key” to the “Escape Program” is activated in the old computer in the room.
- In order to escape, Kyon hits the “enter” key. This takes him back to July 7th, 0AH, where he will need to get the help of Mikuru (Big) and the past Yuki to restore the world.
- By executing the Escape Program, Kyon has effectively put an end to this version of reality by his future actions.
Here ends version 1
Originally Posted by
Dec 18th - Dec20th: Version 2
- Kyon (called Kyon-1 here) and Mikuru (Big) arrive from July 7th, 0AH and wait for the culprit, Yuki (called Yuki-1) to arrive and alter reality.
- Another Kyon (called Kyon-2), Yuki (called Yuki-2) and Mikuru (small) arrive from January 2nd, 4AH and hide in an invisibility barrier, preparing to make their move.
(Volume 7 - Prologue)
- Kyon-1 and Mikuru (Big) confront Yuki-1, who has now become just a weak-willed bookish girl. Kyon-1 takes out the nano-machine gun that Yuki three years ago created for him.
- Ryoko appears and stabs Kyon-1 with a knife. Before Ryoko is able to finish Kyon-1 off, she is stopped by Yuki-2 and disintegrated once again. At which point, Kyon-2 and Mikuru (small) also make their move.
(Volume 7 - Prologue)
- Mikuru (small), who is completely oblivious and just simply following Kyon's lead, panics and rushes to the fallen Kyon-1. In order to make sure she isn't seen by her past self, Mikuru (big) puts Mikuru (small) to sleep, and asks Kyon-2 to take care of her.
(Volume 7 - Prologue)
- Kyon-2 apologizes to Kyon-1 before he passes out. Since Kyon-1 getting stabbed was "pre-determined".
- Yuki-2 picks up the nano-machine gun and shoots Yuki-1 with it without hesitation. Yuki-1 reverts back to her normal self. She requests "synchronization" with Yuki-2, to everyone's surprise - including Yuki-1, Yuki-2 refuses, because she "does not want to".
(Volume 7 - Prologue)
-Yuki-2 says she will proceed to re-alter the world back to its original state, with some modifications. She heals Kyon-1's stab wound in no time as well.
- Mikuru (big) assists Kyon-2 and the sleeping Mikuru (small) back to January 1st, 4AH. (Though it's not mentioned, Yuki-2 probably remained behind and hid somewhere (most likely in Yuki 1's place) for the next few days while busy re-altering the world. )
- In this restored version, Haruhi is having a meeting with the SOS Brigade about the upcoming Christmas party.
- After the meeting, as the SOS Brigade walked down the stairs, Kyon-1 is seen tumbling down the stairs, much to the horror of Haruhi, Mikuru and Koizumi. Haruhi thought she saw a girl in the stairs, little did she knew that it was Yuki-2.
- Kyon-1 is knocked unconscious and is sent on an ambulance. Haruhi looked pale and Mikuru burst into tears, while Koizumi's smile simply disappeared as he begins to make arrangements for Kyon to be sent to a private ward by the "Organization".
- While in the middle of the dizzying time-travel forward in time, Kyon-2 manages to catch a glimpse of the above scene. He knows exactly why Yuki-1 was nowhere to be seen. Mikuru (big) then asks Kyon-2 to close his eyes again and he is whisked back to his time.
(Volume 7 - Prologue)
- Kyon-1 remains in a coma in the hospital. Haruhi stays by Kyon's side all day.
- Kyon continues to sleep in his coma as Haruhi watches over him all day and night. With Koizumi and Mikuru taking turns to visit him as well.
From here onwards, the timeline will be derived from this "version 2".
(Volume 4 - Unless stated otherwise)
- Kyon finally wakes up. Koizumi told him what happened (the altered memory version). Everyone is glad, though Haruhi doesn’t show it.
- That night, Yuki came to visit Kyon alone. She apologizes to Kyon for all this trouble and says she may have to leave to prevent this from happening again.
- Kyon forgives Yuki for who she is, and threatens to provoke Haruhi (by telling her he’s “John Smith”) if the Integrated Data Entity decides to take Yuki away from the SOS Brigade. Yuki thanks Kyon for his help.
- Kyon realizes he needs to go back to December 18th some time in the future with Yuki and Mikuru in order to make sure this restored reality remains the way it is.
– SOS Brigade Christmas party, Haruhi declares the winter field trip will take place on the 30th.
- Tsuruya-san, who is invited to the party, has agreed to provide her mansion in the mountains as the venue for the field trip. Koizumi’s “Consortium” companions, Arakawa, Mori Sonou and the Tamaru brothers, will also help prepare the murder mystery.
Between December 25th and December 30th
- Kyon's junior high classmate, Nakagawa, unable to contain his passion for Yuki any longer, decides to ring Kyon up after remembering that Kyon used to be his classmate.
- He begs Kyon to write Yuki a ridiculous love letter for him. After reluctantly doing so, Kyon gets in trouble with an enraged (and jealous) Haruhi after she stumbled upon the letter. Surprisingly, Yuki decides to go and see Nakagawa.
- A few days later, the SOS Brigade visit Nakagawa's high school to see Nakagawa play an inter-school friendly for his American football team. Yuki, realizing that Nakagawa could sense the Integrated Data Entity, modified and deleting his esper powers (via giving him a minor percussion during the match).
- After coming to his senses in the hopital and meeting Yuki and Kyon there, Nakagawa no longer feels the same passion he had for Yuki before. Kyon was puzzled until Yuki explained to him. Kyon asked whether Yuki was disappointed that Nakagawa was actually interested in the Integrated Data Entity and not her, Yuki simply replied, "A bit."
(Volume 6, Charmed at First Sight LOVER)
- The SOS Brigade, Tsuruya-san, and Kyon’s sister (who has decided to come along at the last minute) arrive at Tsuruya’s mansion.
- Haruhi decides they should go do some skiing, while Tsuruya-san builds some snowmen with Kyon’s sister.
- During their skiing, they got caught in a mysterious blizzard, in which not even Yuki can find the way out.
- They came across a mysterious mansion, which seems to have different time warps, and can seemingly provide anything they want (like food, entertainment, etc), except an escape route.
- Kyon tells Koizumi about his experiences in the alternate reality. Koizumi then speculates that Yuki and Haruhi are beginning to lose their powers.
- Koizumi says someone as powerful as the Integrated Data Entity has deliberately have them trapped inside this mansion in order to observe Haruhi closely, and perhaps force Haruhi to trigger a reaction.
- Yuki has been looking even more dead-pan than usual, this is because she is waging an unseen data war (according to Koizumi) with the unknown enemy in order to allow for their escape. Yuki collapsed as a result of being over exhausted, but she has left Kyon a clue as to how to escape.
- This unknown enemy is later revealed by Yuki to be a "Vast Quantum Cosmic Existence" (later to be named the "Canopy Domain"), rival to the Integrated Data Sentient Entity.
- The culprit is most likely Suou Kuyoh, the first humanoid interface created by the Domain, whom Kyon would encounter months later.
- Kyon and Koizumi manages to work out the answer and the SOS Brigade escape from the mysterious mansion. For Tsuruya-san, only 10 minutes has passes since the swift blizzard passed. Haruhi is again confused, but buys Koizumi’s cover story that they were being hypnotized temporarily.
- Under Haruhi's insistence, Yuki had to stay in bed to recover from her "fever" for the night.
(Volume 5, Snow Mountain Syndrome)
– The SOS Brigade begin their year-end murder mystery.
(Volume 6, Where Did the Cat Go?)
(to be continued)
Last edited by Kinny Riddle; 2007-12-26 at
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Kinny Riddle