View Single Post
Old 2007-01-13, 03:32   Link #167
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

LOL....I know all too well about this and know several techniques aswell...

When I was a soph in college a few years back me and my frat-brother read up on it and challenged each other to use all the techniques we learned about lucidity in dreaming...It was really an incredible experience but it does take work and tons of patience (also trial and error)...The reason I stopped is because it became too time consuming and like most young men I have a natural ADD that takes my attention to something else...It was basically just a fad, and lucid dreaming isn't very easy to achieve (especially if you don't faithfully use these techniques) but here's some advice...

-Start a dream journal and everyday you wake up before you do anything else write down as much as you can remember this will aid you in recall (Very important!!)...Always read the journal too when you have a chance because your dream recall will get incredible after a while...Few people realize that they dream 5, 6 times a night and just remember the last dream (After a while I would remember all my dreams)...The better you are at dream recall, the better your lucidity will become...

-Give yourself reminders 5-10 times everyday...this will create triggers that alert you that you are sleeping...Look at yourself in the mirror and tell yourself that you are sleeping...Click the lightswitch in your room several times a day and when you dream of your lightswitch you'll become Lucid...Talk to yourself several times a day looking at your hands asking yourself if you are dreaming...(The more you do this, the more you'll get triggers in your dreams that alert you that you are sleeping--I must repeat if you don't do this faithfully it wont work as well)

-When you realize you are dreaming don't get excited or it will dissapear because you will be to close to actual conciousness....The best technique for stopping yourself from waking up is to violently spin around in the dreamworld--This will stop you from waking up in most cases (Trust me it has worked for me)...

-Get a friend to do it with you...Now you might not wanna ask a friend who thinks stuff like this is insane, but ask somebody who you think will find this interesting because it's that motivation that keeps you doing the techniques...

-Finally, be confident and tell yourself you are gonna do it...As you lay down for sleep think about what you want to dream about and tell yourself you will become lucid because the more it's on your mind the more it will happen...

I also have some other techniques I can't really mention in the genral forum ...

I did this for almost a year and had some of the most incredible dreams of life culminating in this absurdly ridiculous Dragonball Z type of dream I had where I was flying with speed and invincibility feeling it all in a 100% real-state..I mean when I flew close to the water huge waves were being made because of my speed....I was making zig-zags at top speed, punching $hit it was so fun....I also had dreams where I would float around looking at my dream world like a ghost creeping up on people, walking thru walls and snooping on people...I've had dreams of using super speed and whole lot of other stuff directly related to the amount of anime I watched...I also had many dreams too which are unbelievably fun lmao....Pretty soon you'll be able to change any scenerio in your dream with ease (Like one time this cop pulled a gun on me and I laffed because I knew I was dreaming and made the gun dissapear from his hand into mines )...

One more thing to try when you're Lucid is to read any words you see in the dream...You see the part of the brain that is used for reading isn't used in dreaming so if you see a Pepsi bottle in your dream when you read it it'll say something like Pcpz1 (But it will look almost exactly the same)..It's really hilarious because no matter how hard you try you can't change this and I've tried...I even dreamed I was in a supermarket and every label looked exactly like it did in the real world but with funny lettering xD....

After I stopped doing the Lucid Techniques for about 2 weeks I stopped having the dreams so it does take effort...But it pays-off, it just became too time-consuming to keep up and still have a normal life for me and my bro...Try it out for a while it's ten times cooler than any of the current bull$hit out today like for example a damn 500$ mobile phone with a keyboard and Tv screen ...

Who am I kidding I want one of those phones ....