View Single Post
Old 2007-01-30, 06:36   Link #5
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrno View Post
Funny thing is '4Kids' licensed the first series and haven't done anything with it. Hell, I was at one of the two events when 'Toei' was in NY. Then you hear about the license, and nothing happened for the new line up during the fall of 2005 or 2006. Now here's a new show. Chances are they'd grab that and try to revive what the 'Sailor Moon' crazy started.
Actually, what's happened with the 4kids license isn't too odd... When they did Tokyo Mew Mew they originally said that it would air in the fall and then didn't air it until Februrary after one of their other shows went on hiatus.

I suspect that we might finally see what 4kids has wrought with Pretty Cure in a week or two.... scary. However, if it doesn't air in Feb, I think it's a good bet they passed on the license after all. Which would be a real shame, looking at the big picture: Pretty Cure has been dubbed into German, Spanish, Italian, Korean, and Mandarin (and probably something else I don't know about), and it would make english, the world's most "common" language be the only language pretty cure wouldn't be available in.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote