Thread: Licensed Hellsing TV series
View Single Post
Old 2007-02-03, 22:10   Link #96
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatPeter View Post
A) Can you prove that Mangaka was unhappy about it? Maybe an article of some sort?
Culturally, the Japanese like to keep personal disagreements behind close doors, so it is hard to get direct confirmation.

http://animenation.net/news/askjohn.php?id=846
Quote:
And Gonzo Studios president Shouji Murahama has stated that it is Hellsing creator Kouta Hirano that is delaying production of more Hellsing animation. The two common rumors are that Hirano was not pleased with the first Hellsing anime TV series and therefore doesn't want a second series made; and that Hirano simply wants to publish more of his Hellsing manga before agreeing to allow the production of more Hellsing animation.
And from an interview with Shoji Murahama:
http://www.animeondvd.com/conitem.php?item=189
Quote:
Q) Will there be a sequel to Hellsing?
A) Murahama said he would like to make one, but it might be hard to.

Quote:
B) No, please continue the discussion, because I DO want to hear it and because if you don't you are telling me that I was right that the anime did not lose its track half-way, as it didn't.
...That has got to be the second most childish thing I have ever heard.

The TV anime lost its track because according to the original trailer released, the final boss was not Incognito and never meant to be. Go check the trailer yourself; it contained footage involving the incident of Alucard visiting South America to investigate the possibility of post-war Nazis based their operations there. This is due to happen in the 3rd Hellsing OVA, but Gonzo obviously chickened out and scampered away from anything controversial and thus, lost track for their TV version.
Instead of going to South America after the last Valentine brother told them the key word "millennium", Gonzo has Alucard stuck with killing thugs and petty murderers. The track was the manga version, as the original trailer showed; since the TV no longer followed the manga, it was off track. Q.E.D.