View Single Post
Old 2007-03-28, 12:32   Link #215
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittie Rose View Post
I guess if she only had a background role it's understandable... but she better bleach it or wig up for the second movie :/ It's just a pet peeve of mine when "Live action" has to mean "More boring version thereof". Like Keanu Reeves' shitty black haired non-trenchcoat wearing John Constantine. Didn't they make Rei Ayanami "Normal" in some promo pics for a live action EVA?
I mean, they can have evil looking death monsters, but a blonde japanese girl? And a goth to boot? Pfft.

Maybe in the next movie when she tries to be his girlfriend, he'll be all like "But I like blondes."
First, you do realize there is a thing called the Edit Button?

Seriously, what did you expect from a LIVE ACTION version?

While multi-coloured hair is a daily staple of anime characters, with their seemingly gravity-defying hairdos, IMHO I'd be horrified to see everyone trying to dye their hairs into multi colours for a live action adaptation. It'd just look downright silly.

Quote:

But hold on -

http://wwws.warnerbros.co.jp/deathnote/

EVERYONE THERE HAS BLACK HAIR. Argh! That looks kind of creepy.
Creepy? I don't find anything wrong with the picture at all.

While I understand your gripe about Misa's hair colour, I seriously don't see what's wrong with the others with their NATURAL HAIR COLOUR. Not to mention their manga counterparts had black hair as well, so I don't know what you're complaining about.

Quote:
A real grouping of japanese weirdos wouldn't have their natural colours. Are they trying not ot offend the "elders" too much or something?
Please note besides Misa, who is supposed to be a Goth-loli, and thus your definition of a "weirdo". Light is a "straight A elite student" (on the outside at least), Watari is L's butler-like assistant, and Light's dad is your average cop. Besides L's eccentricities and Light's megalomanical attitude, you're telling me the rest are all weirdos?

Quote:
And why is everyone trying to look solemn and badass?
What else do you expect them to look? Smiling and looking cheerful in an otherwise morbid story?

I personally thought Toda Erika did a decent job as Misa, better than Fujihara Tatsuya's Light, though still paling in comparison with Matsuyama Kenichi's L.

No offense intended to anyone here, but once again, what is with all the influx of negative opinions? Most of them formed their opinions AFTER watching the anime, when the movies were released BEFORE the anime was even aired and it got decent reviews. I'm afraid their views may have been influenced by the anime. Enjoy the movies for the decent LIVE ACTION adaptations they are, and not just a copy of the manga and anime, as well as be grateful they even bothered to make TWO movies instead of truncating all the story into one.