View Single Post
Old 2007-04-02, 00:49   Link #28
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
Well, I'm just comparing it to Fate and Nanoha who could do it already in the first season, when Nanoha was probably considered a B or C rank mage as well. And I don't see how that type of magic would be difficult to learn, since it seemed more like a passive skill that you just turned on/off when needed, but didn't require much skill. I understand them not wanting to overpower the "newbies" though, and institute more teamwork-related tactics for us to see.

Subaru's Divine Buster was definitely not as powerful, but then again she's not nearly as powerful a mage as Nanoha so that should be a given. And she only used 2 cartridges compared to Nanoha usually uses like 3-5 or so? =D
Erh... in the first season, Lindy already attests to Nanoha and Fate being somewhere around AAA class when they were assessing their capabilities. And the SS (Sound Stages) shows that you need to learn how to fly; Nanoha herself was taught by Yuuno on that matter.

Nanoha also used only a couple of cartridges for her Divine buster in this episode, and in A's, I don't think we saw her using cartridges for DB. She only spammed her ammo when using more powerful attacks, like Excelion Buster.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.