View Single Post
Old 2007-04-04, 16:58   Link #188
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
The problem really is that I got the impression that the Clare in the preview is Clare and there is nothing else to see, in other words, in whatever it was I read they botched their apparent attempt at creating mystery surrounding the character and presented what we saw as the real deal without even a hint of intrigue that there might be anything (and I mean anything, tragic backstory, supressed emotions, different character traits, anything) more to the character. Now I'm not sure what I read, so I'm giving the anime a chance to see if it may have succeeded in that regard.
I see what you don't like, but I dunno, I like that there is finally another rare character that doesn't give that all away and hides everything to strangers and isn't bi-polar or a badass with multiple levels of softness or a tough chick shooting off a sob-story right off the bat. While I want her to grow and change I don't want her to be suppressing sad emotions all the time for angst purposes I'd like to see her be serious and calculating and eventually sympathetic. Given that she's not exactly human anymore in the first episode I would think there's going to be a rather dark tragic backstory.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote